Friday, August 31, 2007

Under Armour

Lately I have seen television ads for the sports wear company Under Armour. They have gone with a tag line that says “Boom, Boom, Tap!” This line is said by female athletes for various sports. I like the fact that Under Armour is using females for their campaigns rather than males. More and more women are getting into sports and it is a wise marketing strategy to target them. It encourages women to join various sports and have fun doing it. Gearing toward the female demographic will help Under Armour gain a loyal following of customers that know the company is behind them in their athletics and will provide everything they need.

In my opinion, the commercials are very empowering. If I were a girl wanting to get into sports and saw this commercial it would drive me to pursue joining a team and be a part of such a great feeling. On a more personal note, my sister saw the commercials and couldn’t wait for team tryouts to start so she could say that “boom, boom, tap!” chant on her high school team.

1 comment:

Professor Sanghvi said...

could you find the commercial. is it on youtube?